Monday, June 11, 2018

Day 3 - Be a mountain mover, not a mountain creator.

I have been blessed to be around some people that dream big, push the limits, and exceed all expectations.  There are many mentors and people in my life that have stretched me, thankfully.  They were mountain movers, not mountain creators.  These people didn't put a mountain in front of me, they took the mountain away and said, "Let's do this! Why not now?  Why not you?" 

Teddy Roosevelt and Gutzon Borglum were mountain movers!  




President Roosevelt was a mountain mover.  He established over 230 million acres of public lands and of this 150 were national forests.  Keep in mind that California is about 104 million acres big!  Now that is being a mountain mover!

Gutzon Borglum was also a mountain mover...literally! I simply want to focus on his belief and audacious idea to build something as large and amazing as Mt. Rushmore.  He envisioned it, sold it, planned it, and built it!  



Be a positive mountain MOVER not a mountain creator!  Don't create obstacles, pessimistic thoughts, or limits.  See the possibilities. 




My family and I see the possibility of America becoming cleaner.  We see the possibility of America leading the world in recycling, trash reduction, and environmental responsibility.  "Let's do this! Why not now?  Why not us? Why not you?" 

______
Day three...

The trash keeps coming.  In the most beautiful of places I picked up two cigarette butts.  After a little research I learned how destructive they can be to not only your lungs but to the environment.  See below. 




Until tomorrow...Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

Thanks to my cousin Galen for the following song. It is better than the duck song!





No comments:

Post a Comment